Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Chipotle Shrimp Tacos




Yesterday was my moms birthday and I was in charge of dinner. I was planning a fancy steak dinner, but my mom told me she wanted shrimp. So it was SHRIMP TACO night at the Boulos residents! I found this recipe and instantly fell in love...anything with the word "chipotle" steals my heart. Everything turned out DELICIOUS...no left overs! I served the tacos with fresh corn, wheat tortillas, and the corn guacamole(scroll down for that recipe). Enjoy!

2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
Marinade
1 can (7 oz) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (about 3 peppers)
¼ cup canola oil
¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 5-6 limes)
3 cloves garlic
½ tsp salt
1 large handful cilantro


Rinse shrimp thoroughly. Place in a large plastic storage bag.
Combine all marinade ingredients except cilantro in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add cilantro and blend until just combined. Pour into bag with shrimp. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours to overnight. Saute in skillet with veggies of your choice for 5-10 minutes or until shrimp is fully cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment