Tuesday, August 9, 2011

STIR FRY







I love stir fry and I think the name "stir fry" is totally appropriate. While you stir everything together you are guaranteed to get fried! I made a few changes to the recipe. 1) I didn't use corn and substituted it with zucchini and broccoli instead. 2) I used canola oil instead of peanut oil. While in the store I went t buy peanut oil and it was $10.99....uhh no thank you. 3)I didn't know what arrowroot was...well apparently it is a sauce thickener, but I used cornstarch because I read it does the same thing. Also, I didn't make this over rice because I'm trying to stay away from carbs...why would I ever want to do that??? I know I know TRUST me I love carbs, but so do my love handles...so please make this over rice for me and my love handles, thank you! Overall, it turned out Delicious! Enjoy!

Ingredients

  • 3 whole Chicken Breasts (or Other Meat), Cut Into Pieces
  • 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil (plus Extra To Drizzle Over Meat)
  • 1/2 cup Soy Sauce (plus Extra To Drizzle Over Meat)
  • 3 Tablespoons Sugar
  • 1/2 cup Chicken Broth, Divided
  • 2 teaspoons (rounded) Arrowroot
  • 3 Tablespoons Peanut Oil, Divided
  • 1 whole Medium Onion
  • 1 whole Red (or Other Color) Bell Pepper, Cut Into Chunks
  • 2 cloves Garlic
  • 2 Tablespoons (to 3 Tablespoons) Fresh Ginger, Minced
  • 10 whole White Mushrooms, Sliced (can Use Any Mushroom You Like)
  • 1 jar (small Jar) Baby Corn, Cut Into Pieces
  • 1 teaspoon Rice Vinegar
  • 1/4 cup (to 1/2 Cup) Roughly Chopped Cilantro

Preparation Instructions

After cutting meat into chunks, drizzle with a bit of soy sauce and sesame oil. Set aside.
Prepare all vegetables and have them ready.
Mix ½ cup soy sauce with sugar. Stir together and set aside. Mix ¼ cup chicken broth with arrowroot. Stir together and set aside. Measure an additional ¼ cup chicken broth. Set aside.
To begin stir fry, heat skillet or wok over high heat. When it’s hot, drizzle in 2 teaspoons peanut oil.
Add meat to skillet and fry quickly, stirring around for 2 to 3 minutes. When brown and just cooked through, remove to a separate bowl.
Add additional 1 tablespoon peanut oil to same skillet. Throw in onions and cook for 1 minute. Add red bell pepper and cook for 30 seconds. Add garlic and ginger. Stir. Add mushrooms and stir. Cook for 45 seconds. Add baby corn. Stir.
Pour in ¼ cup chicken broth and soy sauce/sugar mixture. Drizzle in 1 teaspoon rice vinegar and ½ teaspoon sesame oil.
Dump in cooked chicken. Stir together. Pour in chicken broth/arrowroot mixture. Stir together, then turn off heat. Sauce should be much thicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment