Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hummus



Hummus is one of my favorite things ever, and I probably wouldn't have survived college without it. I always have to have hummus in the fridge because I dip it in EVERYTHING. I dip my carrots in it, my chicken, I put it in my sandwiches...shoot I might as well start using it as toothpaste! Surprisingly, this is my first time making homemade hummus. I usually go to my friend Costco and buy the pre-made kind. I liked the recipe because it was simple. However, I did use a lil more of everything it asked for. I used a whole lemon instead of half, more chopped garlic, more olive oil, and more cumin. Without adding more of everything it tasted a little plain.Overall,it turned our pretty good, but I still like the pre-made one from Costco better ...damn it Costco!! I will play around with a few other hummus recipes..Costco will not win this battle!! If you have any please share! Enjoy for now!
  • 3 cans (14.5 Oz.) Garbanzo Beans, Rinsed And Drained
  • 1/3 cup Plus 1 Tablespoon Tahini
  • 3 cloves Garlic, Chopped, Or More To Taste
  • 1/2 whole Lemon, Juiced
  • 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin, Or More To Taste
  • Salt To Taste
  • Fresh Basil Or Italian Parsley
  • 3 Tablespoons To 5 Tablespoons Cold Water
  • 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil

Preparation Instructions

Combine chickpeas with all ingredients, except water and olive oil, in a blender or food processor.
Pulse until mixture becomes somewhat smooth and combined, but do not over mix.
Add water as necessary to facilitate blending. At the end, add olive oil and pulse no more than three times, just to incorporate.
Pour mixture into a bowl and stir to ensure mixture is combined. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to three days in the fridge

No comments:

Post a Comment