Saturday, July 2, 2011

Pomegranate Mojito...Summer time and the Livin' is Easy

My usual drink of choice is wine, however I did have a pomegranate mojito at The Cheesecake Factory and loved it, until the bill came and each one was $12.75! Call me cheap,  but I think $13 is way too much for a cocktail at the Cheesecake Factory..if I was at some fancy mancy restaurant then fine whatever..but lets be real the Cheesecake Factory is definitely not fancy. So I decided to make this $13 cocktail at home, and honestly sometimes its not only cheaper but also safer to make drinks at home and have friends over! I think a mojito is a PERFECT summer cocktail,the mint is so refreshing! Okay here is the recipe, enjoy and Happy Summer :)

Ingredients:
2 fl oz pomegranate juice
2 fl oz white rum
4 fl oz club soda
½ lime , chopped
a few mint leaves
1 sprig of mint , for garnish
1 tsp sugar
crushed ice  
1 tall glass

Place the sugar, chopped lime, and mint in the glass and crush them together with the pestle. Next, half-fill the glass with ice. Add the rum, pomegranate juice, pomegranate seeds, and the soda water to the glass. Stir well. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and your mojito is ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment