Sunday, June 26, 2011

Chipotle/Tequila Marinade....Foodgasm at its finest

Once I read this recipe I was sold and Chipotle...who am I kidding I was sold at tequila! This marinade is  MUST if you like spicy HOT HOT HOT! I made it for dinner last week and my brother LOVED it, he even told my mom she has some competition in the kitchen ( oh the joy in my face when he said that!).I used it to marinade  chicken drums and cooked it in a large casserole dish, but I think next time I want to even try marinating shrimp. Here is the Recipe:
*2 chipotle chiles in adobo
*3 tablespoons tequila or vodka
*2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
*1 tablespoon ketchup
*1 tablespoon adobo sauce, from chipotle can
*1 clove garlic, chopped
*2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
*1/4 teaspoon salt
*1 tablespoon olive oil
~Throw it all into a blender and hit puree, it really is that easy.I cooked the chicken
for 400 degrees for 55 minutes to an hour…just keep checking.- I served the chicken with black beans with chopped grilled veggies. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment